MINUTES OF THE MEETING – 9/15/05
President Don Hagopian called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm, with 28 people present. Again Rocky’s donated their banquet room for our meeting.
Don Hagopian welcomed everyone to the meeting and then announced some important dates (listed below). Don reported on the latest Aviation Commission Meeting. A lengthy discussion was held on the price of gas but no results. The NDB approach will remain at Fox. ATIS for Whiteman is funded we’re just waiting for final paperwork to be completed.
President Hagopian also reminded everyone that the Air Explorers will have a Pancake Breakfast on Saturday Sept 24 at 7:30 – 10:30 on the grassy area. October’s meeting will have a special guest, the Director-Producer of “One-Six Right” the movie about VNY, Brian Terwilliger will be there.
Don then introduced the manager
at WHP, John Frymyer, who updated us on what was happening. The following
is a list of things discussed.
1. He introduced the Assistant Manager, Tom Sullivan.
2. Gas prices are beyond our control. We keep prices in line with how much we paid for it.
3. TSA Briefing – Suspicious activity at WHP – keep aware of strange questions and requests from people you do not know. Just keep your eyes and ears open.
4. If you think there is a need for the Tower to stay open later, please let us know. If a lot of activity occurs after tower hours, we don’t have a record of that . We only count landing and takeoffs when tower is open.
5. The number of aircraft here is increasing because of an exodus from Van Nuys.
6. The new sweeper has arrived and will be shared. We have taken lessons on how to use it and will be in operation soon.
7. Presently, we have no hangars or tie-downs left.
John Frymyer then took a few questions from the audience.
We did not have a 50/50 drawing
this month. We then had our door prize drawing. Winners were:
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Chris Mazor
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Jeremy Bishop
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Peter Albiez
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – John Marshall
1-Quart Oil – donated by Whiteman Airport – Jeanne Fenimore
Cellular Pilot Book – donated by Cellular Pilot – Sallie Cunningham
Plexi-Polish – donated by Aeroshell – Marcene Rankin
The meeting was adjourned around 8:00 pm. After adjournment, a video was shown on “ VFR Communications”. Many stayed to watch. It was shown on a big screen, thanks to our A/V specialist, Peter Albiez.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Saturday Sept 17 – EAA Meeting @
Rocky’s 9:30 am
Sunday, Sept 18– Display Day @ Brackett 10-2
Saturday, Sept 24 – Air Explorers Pancake Breakfast 7:30-10:30am
Saturday, Sept 24 – Young Eagles at WHP 10:30am
Sunday, Sept 25– Display Day @ El Monte 10-2
Wednesday, Sept 28 - Aviation Commission Meeting –Compton at 7pm
Sunday, Oct 2 – Display Day @ Santa Paula 10-2
Saturday, Oct 8 – Display Day @ Fox 10-2
Sunday, Oct 9 – Display Day at WHP 10-2
Saturday, Oct 15, EAA Meeting at Rocky’s at 9:30am
Thursday, Oct 20 - Whiteman Airport Association – General Meeting 7pm at Rocky’s
Thursday, Dec 8 – Task Force Meeting WHP Airport Office – 9am
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE – whpsafety.org
Shellie Hagopian, Secretary
Whiteman Airport Association
Back to Whiteman Airport Association Home Page