MINUTES OF THE MEETING – 9/16/04
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 pm ,by President Don Hagopian, with 29 people present. Again Rocky’s donated their banquet room for our meeting.
Don Hagopian announced some important dates (listed below) Then he mentioned some issues that were discussed at the commissioners meeting. We had Display Day Sept 12 and sold some hot dogs had some good discussions and fun with fellow airplane junkies and had a good turnout.
Don Hagopian then introduced the
manager at WHP, John Frymyer, who updated us on what was happening.
The following is a list of things discussed.
1. American Airports would like to collect a percentage of all sales of any business on the airport to discourage people from doing business out of the back of their car.
2. Optimists and EAA Air Fair had approx 500 visitors with 87 kids getting free rides.
3. Landscaping has started at the entrance, with trees, ground cover and sprinklers.
4. There were 47 hangar inspections done but haven’t gotten results yet.
5. We are out of hangars, but if we find any empty ones, they will then be available.
6. We added 14 more tie-downs, but haven’t rented them yet, because the electrical and telephone poles are not done yet
7. New hangars near #31 will have water reclamation (20 hangars) should be completed in two months.
8. 99’s have volunteered to repaint the runway markings on Saturday, October 16.
9. Conduit for the new radar will be ready between Nov-Feb
10. We are closer to getting the wind tee completed.
John Frymyer then took a few questions from the audience.
Dave Kolstad, Treasurer, gave his report. Checking account $1900.
Shellie Hagopian, Secretary, gave her report. 170 members and 117 on auxiliary mailing list.
Bill Fenimore, Vice-President, reported that he attended the Air Fair with a booth for WAA and was successful in getting a few more members. He said it was a nice event with a picture essay on our website. Also, the 99’s will be repainting the runway markings on Saturday, October 16 at 9am. Please show up to support the 99’s. WAA will be providing hot dogs for the volunteers.
Treasurer, Dave Kolstad, was in
charge of the 50/50 drawing. We then had our door prize drawing.
50/50 winner - Sol Bruck
10 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Mark Hickman
10 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – John Clausen
Keychain donated by the Hagopians – Alan Butki
The meeting was adjourned around
7:40. We had 21 people stay after the meeting to see the Safety Video.
Wednesday, September 29 – Compton
7pm - The Aviation Commission Meeting.
Sunday, October 10 – WHP Display Day - 10am-2pm
Thursday, October 21 – 7pm -Whiteman Airport Association, regular membership meeting
Wednesday, October 27 – El Monte 7pm – Aviation Commission Meeting
Thursday, December 9 – Task Force Meeting 9am WHP Office
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE – whpsafety.org
Whiteman Airport Association
Back to Whiteman Airport Association Home Page