MINUTES OF THE MEETING –5/19/05
President Don Hagopian called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm, with 26 people present. Again Rocky’s donated their banquet room for our meeting.
Don Hagopian welcomed everyone to
the meeting and then announced some important dates (listed below).
Don then introduced the manager at WHP, John Frymyer, who updated us on what was happening. The following is a list of things discussed.
1. Higher intensity new beacon will be installed next Wednesday.
2. June 15 is the new completion date for the new access road.
3. Only 1/3 of hangars had their fire extinguishers recharged, it’s not too late.
4. EAA, Optimists, American Airports and the Traveling Space Museum will have the WHP Air Fair on Saturday May 21 starting 9am.
5. ATIS is on hold and will be discussed at Task Force Meeting.
6. Hangar inspections will be June 18 & 19 for Rows B, C, D.
7. Tom Sullivan is the new Assistant Manager at WHP
8. DOT did an inspection, WHP got good grades
9. We are trying to get a grant for better fencing because people have jumped the fence
10. New sweeper will be shared by 5 county airports.
11. Aviation commission meeting will be next Wed here at WHP 7pm @ Rocky’s
12. Catalina Airport may change hands to the County.
13. The magnetic bar that was attached to the truck, tore off.
John Frymyer then took a few questions from the audience.
Tower manager, Joel, said there is a new person in the tower, Dan. He mentioned to pass the HOLD BAR when you land. The tower has a new email address,( firstname.lastname@example.org) He also took questions from the group.
Dave Kolstad, Treasurer, gave his report , bank balance $2114
Shellie Hagopian, Secretary, gave
her report. 215 members and 107 on auxiliary mailing list.
2005 dues are now payable, still $10 per year.
Treasurer, Dave Kolstad, was in
charge of the 50/50 drawing. We then had our door prize drawing.
50/50 winner - Doug Rankin
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – John Marshall
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Harry Bell
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Jerry Liekwold
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Doug Rankin
1-Quart Oil – donated by Whiteman Airport – Jeremy Bishop
Cellular Pilot Book – donated by Cellular Pilot – Dave Snyder
Plexi-Polish – donated by Aeroshell – Paul Nefas
The meeting was adjourned around
8:05 pm. After adjournment, a safety video on Night Flying was shown.
17 members stayed to see it. Good information.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Saturday May 21 – EAA, Optimists, American Airports and Traveling Space Museum, Air Fair & Young Eagles at WHP, starting at 9am
Sunday, May 22 – Display Day at El Monte 10-2
Wednesday, May 25 – 7pm – Whiteman - Aviation Commission Meeting
Saturday, May 28 – EAA Young Eagles 10:30am
Thursday, June 9 – Task Force Meeting 9am @ airport office
Saturday, June 11 – Display Day at Fox 10-2
Sunday, June 12 – Display Day at WHP 10-2
Thursday, June 16 – 7pm - Whiteman Airport Association Meeting @ Rocky’s
Sunday, June 19– Display Day at Brackett 10-2
Wednesday, June 29 – 7pm - Brackett - Aviation Commission Meeting.
Sunday, July 10 – 10-2 – WHP Display Day
Sunday, July 10 @ 12 noon WHITEMAN AIRPORT ASSOCIATION’S FIRST ANNUAL BBQ
FREE HOT DOGS. At display area. Bring a chair.
NO WHITEMAN AIRPORT ASSOCIATION MEETING IN JULY
NO COMMISSION MEETING IN JULY
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE – whpsafety.org
Shellie Hagopian, Secretary
Whiteman Airport Association
Back to Whiteman Airport Association Home Page