MINUTES OF THE MEETING –6/16/05
President Don Hagopian called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm, with 25 people present. Again Rocky’s donated their banquet room for our meeting.
Don Hagopian welcomed everyone to
the meeting and then announced some important dates.
(listed below). Also, our First Annual BBQ will be on Sunday, July 10, 12-2. We need volunteers to help. Please show up at 11:00 to help set-up.
Don then introduced the manager at WHP, John Frymyer, who updated us on what was happening. The following is a list of things discussed:
1. Wind Tee was completed and is
up and running.
2. Higher intensity new beacon was installed.
3. At night the runway lights are being kept at high intensity.
4. Only 1/3 of hangars had their fire extinguishers recharged, during inspections the dates will be checked.
5. Speed bumps will be installed on the new road.
6. New access gate area will be widened.
7. Hangar inspections will be June 18 & 19 for Rows B, C, D, E, F, & G.
8. We are planning a new operations building, with a pilot shop and restaurant.
9. Bright Panel radar display will not be installed until at least February.
10. NOA wants to put up a weather station here.
11. New oil rack near washrack
12. WHP is 24th busiest GA airport for the amount of operations.
13. There have been more noise complaints from the neighborhood.
14. Fatal crash in Porter Ranch area was a plane from WHP
15. Aviation commission meeting will be at Brackett, June 29th at 7pm
16. There will be hangar clean up day, with extra dumpsters available, the beginning of August. No hazardous waste, just trash and bulky items.
John Frymyer then took a few questions from the audience.
Dave Kolstad, Treasurer, gave his report, bank balance approx.$2100
Shellie Hagopian, Secretary, gave
her report. 216 members and 98 on auxiliary mailing list.
2005 dues are now payable, still $10 per year.
Treasurer, Dave Kolstad, was in
charge of the 50/50 drawing. We then had our door prize drawing.
50/50 winner - Hoppy Hopkins
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – John Nagle
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Lynn Barker
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Peter Albiez
5 gallons of fuel donated by Whiteman Airport – Ron Lisberg
1-Quart Oil – donated by Whiteman Airport – Sonia Pope
Cellular Pilot Book – donated by Cellular Pilot – Jeremy Bishop
Plexi-Polish – donated by Aeroshell – John Clausen
The meeting was adjourned around
7:50 pm. After adjournment, a safety video by AOPA “Flying Friendly
– Noise Reduction Procedures” was shown. 15 members stayed to see
it. Good information.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Saturday June 18 – EAA
Sunday, June 19– Display Day at Brackett 10-2
Sunday, June 26– Display Day at El Monte 10-2
Wednesday, June 29 - Aviation Commission Meeting –Brackett at 7pm
Saturday, July 9 – Display Day at Fox 10-2
Sunday, July 10 – Display Day at WHP 10-2
Sunday, July 10 @ 12 noon FIRST ANNUAL BAR-B-QUE – FREE HOT DOGs
NO WHITEMAN AIRPORT ASSOCIATION MEETING IN JULY
NO COMMISSION MEETING IN JULY
Saturday, July 23, Young Eagles at WHP 10:30am
Sunday, July 24, Display Day at El Monte 10-2
Sunday, August 14, Display Day at WHP 10-2
Thursday, August 18, Whiteman Airport Association – General Meeting 7pm at Rocky’s
Wednesday, August 31 – Aviation Commission Meeting – Fox 7pm
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE – whpsafety.org
Shellie Hagopian, Secretary
Whiteman Airport Association
Back to Whiteman Airport Association Home Page